TRAINING OF TRAINERS (TOT)
Some people confuse the Training of Trainers (TOT) in its professional meaning with the Human Resources workshops, but there is a difference between both of them because the training of trainers is particularly concerned with establishing professional persons in the field of training, achieving the objectives of the organization in which they work by raising the level of their performance, achieving the various goals according to the nature of each job level, and the training of trainers varies according to the company’s objectives such as this training, the level of employment and the nature of the work, in addition to the financial capabilities and capacity of the company and the number of employees. Managers may be asked to participate in this program to transfer their expertise to the team and to teach them the foundations of their profession. The program is also open to people who want to train others and transfer their expertise since they have spent years in the training field.
WHAT TOT CAN DO?
Through comprehensive and multiple learning processes, TOT Trainers gain the skills and knowledge they need to be effective trainers, as well as the skills and knowledge to relate with students. In addition, TOT training includes extensive instruction on effective teaching methods as well as other training to create a more professional environment.
TOT training of trainees is based on research training designs, which include pre-assessment, support, follow-up, and a personal skills development workshop. It also includes the basics of EBP, which is carried out with extensive training in subtle skill-preparing techniques, skill practice, in addition to a specific curriculum that ends with providing trainer advice It relates to the intended curriculum of training.
This program can be offered both externally and internally. Internal training has been most widely adopted because it is less expensive than external training; external training can sometimes offer better tools, while trainers can be from inside the company or from outside in agreement with the professional training centres.
THE PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
This includes supervisors and department managers, with the aim of providing them with new knowledge and skills, and this improves their capabilities to do the work, and raise their efficiency and ability, and training of trainers can be professional, specialized or administrative training that includes the upper and middle administrative levels and workers in supervisory and management functions, and it can include leadership and planning, accounting, finance and all departments within the company.
- Trainers who want to increase their expertise and develop their skills and competence in training.
- People who wish to be trained in their various fields and not be restricted to a specific field.
- Managers who want to apply training methods and theories with employees to obtain better results and speed in completing tasks, such as the sales manager, marketing director, or human resources director, in addition to human development coaches.
The demand for qualified trainers for various training programs increases every day because these programs are necessary to increase the development of trainers and their success. Training of trainers programs seek to achieve many important goals, the most prominent of which are the following:
- Giving coaches an explanation about the foundations for the success of the training work, and providing them with the basic principles of training.
- Training on means of preparing for lectures and meetings, and methods of preparing scientific material.
- Various methods of making the training successful.
- How to give useful feedback to trainees.
- Giving trainers ways to use the various and effective scientific methods in training and introducing them to them.
- Giving trainers effective methods of evaluating trainees
- Familiarizing trainers with the importance and necessity of training, and its ability to increase skills and develop capabilities.
- Familiarizing trainers with the inputs and outputs of the training work.
- Introducing trainers to the impact of training programs to increase the acquisition of various knowledge and develop behaviour, and to introduce the importance of training programs and raise the level of performance.
- Defining trainers how to operate a complete training program for adults that includes developing the training program, studying its needs, developing its objectives, selecting appropriate training methods, and measuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
To learn more about TOT – Training Of Trainers, Get TOT Course by HR International Business.
Start reading a wide range of best blogs covering different subjects “Talent Expert“