Confident Recruitment and Selection Interviewing Skills
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
Recruitment and selection can be very expensive and time consuming process; however there is evidence that employing the latest recruitment and selection methodologies and techniques increases the likelihood of successfully recruiting the best candidate for any intended role. Simply, The workshop will discuss a number of techniques that will most certainly transform your competence as a recruiter or interviewer in either recruitment/selection, or development and appraisal opportunities.
- Senior HR Managers who have the overall responsibility for recruitment and selection in their respective organizations
- Also the Senior Line Managers involved in assessing job requirements and developing competency in members of staff
- Line managers who from time to time assess candidates during the recruitment process
- Professionals whose main accountability is in the provision of key members of staff
- Recruitment Consultants who are involved on an ongoing basis
- Coordinators who are responsible for ensuring all resources are in place during the recruitment process
- To examine numerous interviewing techniques and practice the process of behavioral or targeted interviewing.
- Discuss potential outcomes when using a variety of approaches to recruitment and selection in details.
- Consider a variety of techniques and methodologies to differentiate the excellent from ‘the average’ candidate using Competency frameworks.
- Explore the appropriate use of various psychometric tests including general ability and attributes tests
- Also developing your influencing skills by making persuasive presentations of key requirements in planning recruitment/selection campaigns.
- Practice in details all the techniques to achieve understanding and competence in a friendly and supportive environment.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION WORKSHOP OUTLINE
DAY 1 – The Recruitment and Selection Process
Firstly: Introductions, program objectives and ways of working
Secondly: The key elements, competencies and person specification
Thirdly: The five types of interview styles
Fourthly: The principles of conducting a targeted interview
Lastly: Review of day one and links to day two
DAY 2 – Interviewing in action, exploring the outcome
Firstly: Developing rules of evidence for assessment
Secondly: Coding example 1: The rules of coding and syndicate exercise
Thirdly: Interview process, and practice session 1
Fourthly: Targeted interview practice session 2
Lastly: Review of day two and links to day three
DAY 3 – The use of psychological test data in the Recruitment process
Firstly: Coding example 2 and syndicate exercise
Secondly: Examining the results including standardization and drawing conclusions – syndicate exercise
Thirdly: Review of psychometric tests available in the selection and recruitment process
Fourthly: Analyze and complete the MBTI Personality questionnaire, the increasing use of Emotional Intelligence in the Recruitment process – Daniel Goleman’s model
Lastly: Additional insights into personality profiling including case study
DAY 4 – Dealing with the results, drawing conclusions, and feedback
Firstly: Application of psychometric tests including use of a type indicator (MBTI) and putting feedback into context
Secondly: Best fit analysis and demonstration
Thirdly: The four scales, what do they mean? – syndicate exercises
Fourthly: Recruitment and selection results and employing them as a development tool
Lastly: Review of day four and links to day five
DAY 5 – Design and deployment of Assessment Centers
Firstly: The latest techniques in advertising for vacancies – syndicate exercise
Secondly: How to short list, avoiding bias and lots of hard work
Thirdly: Examination of an assessment centre approach – training of the assessors
Fourthly: Deciding on the tools and techniques to use in the assessment and what are the consequences
Lastly: The resources required in order to run a successful recruitment or selection process, end of program review, presentation of certificates and CPE points
See also more Courses and Workshops from HRIB.
Start learning with a wide range of best courses covering different subjects “ Talent Expert “
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes